Friday, April 17, 2009

Waves

The wave came tumbling to lick my feet and then ran away from me, as you did.
The wave was hurrying to get back and maybe hunt for shells. You – I don’t know what you were looking for. Maybe a new lighthouse to enjoy the sea from its top.

Waves are thieves; they steal the sand from the shore, much as you stole my heart.
I made a mound in the sand, I wanted to build a castle for you and me but I just built a mound of sand. In it I shaped your face with a hand wet by salty tears and ocean water.

A whitecap came tumbling and took your face and left me singing into an empty shell, looking at the waves, the starry night and feeling the stormy wind.

Storms never last, light follows darkness and a gentle wind follows the raging tempest.
Beyond the clouds the sun shines and life fills with peace after the hurricane.

Anna Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment